Friday, December 14, 2007

It's Raining Men

In our house at least. With the arrival of Ezra, I am now outnumbered 3 to 1 if you count Spencer our dog. This is the complete opposite of how I grew up with my poor father being the only male in the house. Besides my mother, sister and me there was also Ginger the Golden Retriever and Lovey the Diva Cat. Dad was surrounded by so much estrogen it's a wonder he made it through our teenage years without snapping at people's ankles and barking. There was always the issue of who was wearing whose shirt, who had taken mom's make-up again (Kiley) and if he was really, really sure that we didn't look fat in that dress. Good times. So now I find myself the sole representative of my gender and it's pretty interesting. I mean one of my lovely men leaves the toilet seat up all the time, one of them pees on my patio furniture and one of them pees on me. I'll let you sort out who does what. Still, I wouldn't change it for the world. It's a lot of fun to watch Ever, Ezra and Spencer playing at the park together and when we're all snuggled in for the evening on the big couch with the dog routing for left overs in the trash (lovely picture) I can't help but feel pretty darn satisfied.

4 comments:

Tiffany J said...

SO TRUE! However I was raised with all boys...now I live with all boys...when does it ever stop! ha ha I need another one here to balance out the testosterne/estrogen levels! ha ha You do have some great boys though! I bet your dad is in 7th Heaven!

Shelley Family said...

well, just like in our relationship...John and I are completely equal as far as gender in the household is concerned. I have my female cat...John has his male dog, I have my female horse...John has his male horse. We are perfect ;-). And hey...I didn't start wearing makeup til I was in high school, a natural beauty I know ;-).

brooklyn said...

fun post. fun family.

McKenzie said...

Sorry I took forever, but My E-mail is MAT06008@byui.edu and i'm thinking it will either be Sat. the 5th or mon. the 7th. (If for some reason we come through on sunday, we won't bug ya cuz we know your busy) So yeah, i will let you know as soon as we decide! It will be so great to see you!