Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Ezra Land

I didn't think that anything could be more fun than Disneyland but now that we have Ezra I've changed my mind. Sure there are still sleepless nights and screaming fits to be endured but all the wonderful things he does makes up for that 100 times over! About a month ago the doctor started him on some rice cereal and today he started some oatmeal too. He certainly seems to prefer the oatmeal to the rice cereal since he gobbled all of it down in record time! In about two more weeks he gets to start real baby food and we can't wait to see all the faces he makes as he tries new flavors and tastes!

Last week he also started an 'army crawl' where he drags himself along on his elbows to get to whatever he wants. That is something I'm having a hard time getting used to! The other night he was on the floor with me sitting next to him and when I looked over I found that he'd drug himself to a bowl with leftover fudge topping in it. He'd dived right in and smeared it all over the carpet, the couch and himself! I'd just given him a bath and then he covered himself in chocolate! He loves pulling himself over to wherever the dog is laying and grabbing his paws. Spencer is very good with him, very gentle. It's amazing how quickly he can move so we're really having to re-think what we leave out! Nothing is safe!

Last night we discovered that his first little tooth had popped through on the bottom! I'm sure another one won't be far behind. We just can't believe how fast he's growing! It seems like just yesterday that we brought him home and now here we are over five months later with this beautiful little person bringing such joy to our lives. He's very alert, active, and smart and his smile just lights up a room and his mommy's life! I haven't downloaded the new pictures yet but I'll post them as soon as I do! We're certainly enjoying life here in Ezra Land!

7 comments:

Huss Family said...

It's all over now. Once they figure out they can move they are into everything. It's so fun to watch them discover new tricks, but not so fun to pick up the messes left behind:)

Ash and Christian said...

I always had to add a little baby food to Ava's rice cereal for her to eat it. It's so nasty by itself.

Good luck with the baby food... the first time they hate something is so funny.

Tiffany J said...

I know the whole rice cereal bit. Brady hated it but I put in things like bananas, peaches or pears and he really went to town! Just be careful to introduce new food slowly. I went crazy and bought a bunch of baby food and started giving him a new food everyday...which he had a reaction too...a small rash...nothing serious. I just had to let his body adjust to one new food item each week. Instead of each day... It's gonna be fun! Have the camera ready!

cari said...

Oh, I remember those days! I remember when it was just me and Porter at home all day and although I love having two now, you just can't go back to those days. Savour them! It looks like you guys are doing great! Ezra is a cutie.

Kelly And Andy said...

Hey Guys,
We were just talking about you the other day and was wondering how you were doing. Your little one is so adorable. Well Deon introduced me to the whole blogging thing. Hope all is well!

Deon said...

Isn't it exciting all the fun things they do. I had to change our blog address look at my profile and it is there. I love reading what is going on with you guys

Please Pass the Green said...

oh my goodness, ezra is adorable!!! i want a baby just like him.:) SO cute. sam led me to your blog, and it's so good to hear how you guys are doing! you should check out brad's blog, too. his little emma baby is the same age as ezra. my blog is molletes.blogspot.com. come and visit!! my family was just talking about your family this morning, and we miss you! we all say hi.:)