Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Automatic Sprinkler

So everyone told me that part of the joy of having a boy was being peed on...frequently. They weren't kidding. Unfortunately neither Ever nor myself have gotten quick enough on the draw to prevent a shower of pee at least once a day. Of course this novelty is not just reserved for mommy and daddy, Grandma and Grandpa, Auntie Kiley (my sister) and the doctor have also had the privilege of being peed on. Last night however he went beyond the initial insult of urinating on mommy and took it to the next level: that's right, you guessed it, explosive baby poo. I was changing his diaper on the bed and of course he started to pee. I caught it quickly though and was feeling very proud of myself for keeping it from getting all over everything. I even allowed myself the pleasure of thinking that I was actually getting pretty good at this diaper changing thing when it happened. I still had hold of his little ankles with his bum up in the air when a stream of yellow guck SHOT out of his backside and sprayed everything within a foot of him! Alas, that meant it mostly got all over me. I was shocked. I just sat there staring at myself covered in baby poo. Then I started looking around at what else he'd hit. He got the pillow, the handmade quilt and the white bedspread that my mom let me borrow for company. By the way, does anyone know how to get yellow baby guck off of a white bedspread??? I haven't exactly told my mom about it yet! I guess it's all part of being a parent but I couldn't help but ask myself where his daddy was when all this went down. To date I've been peed on, pooped on, drooled on, snotted on, and spit up on. I just hate to keep all the fun stuff for myself.This is how Daddy changes a diaper

1 comment:

Deon said...

Hey there I can't believe how long it has been since we have been in contact. I love this photo. Blake doesn't spray unless he is mad (normally because he thinks he is starving) We moved to Washington in FEB. Ucre got a promotion and we couldn’t pass it up. We bought a place and have LOVED living here. Tori turned two at the end of July and Blake was born three days after your little one.