Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Long Intro...(sorry) Part 2

....Also, there’s our latest (and nameless) addition to the Gonzalez family; we’re expecting a baby boy any day now. We had no idea it would be so hard to name a baby! If it had been a girl we would have been in good shape so of course it figures that we’re having a boy. At first we were going with Noah but living in St. George there are at least a million little Noah’s in various shapes and sizes running around and after hearing it screamed across every Target and Walmart in the county, the name kind of lost its appeal. From there we tried on a variety of other handles for our little bundle including Eli, Levi (my favorite), Santiago and Diego (Ever’s favorite). Nothing seemed to fit. Now I know Diego was popular with a small contingent of Ever Supporters but I could never get on board. I mean the baby’s last name is Gonzalez and I could just imagine deciding to name him Diego or Santiago and then having him turn out to be a red head with dark skin and freckles. On a side note, that by the way is Ever’s greatest fear. I think he must not have any other ones however because he frequently insists that he will die if he has a red headed son as they can not possibly be as cute as red headed girls and he boldly declares this in the presence of my 6’4”, 200+ pound RED-HEADED father without considering the risk he’s taking. The man has a death wish. Come to think of it I think Sean might want to have a word or two with Ever about that issue too. Anyway, I just thought that we were asking for trouble if we went with one of Ever’s favorite choices so now we’re waiting to see the little guy before deciding on his name. Hopefully we won’t be delirious and name him Naphtali or Abednego or something.

Finally, as I mentioned, after coming home from New York Ever and I began praying about attending a Spanish Ward here and both felt that was the right choice. We started attending the Rio Virgin Ward in November and then a month ago we found out that they were forming a Branch here in the St. George East Stake where we live and that we would be asked to attend there. Shortly after, we were called in by the Stake Presidency and Ever was extended the calling of First Counselor in the new Spanish St. George East Rama 28 Presidency. It’s been quite the experience so far. Ours was the first branch to be associated with only one Stake rather than pulling in from several different ones. We have about 54 members and a lot of investigators! Ever is gone quite a bit with meetings and I know that Sacrament will be a whole new experience with him sitting on the stand instead of helping me out with “the boy” but I’ll figure it out! I got my first set of Spanish Scriptures and enjoy reading them very much. I love how the Gospel is true in every language! Hopefully I’ll be able to respond comfortably and actually have conversations with the members in Spanish by the end of the year. It’s horribly intimidating!

So there’s our past two years in a nut shell. I can’t believe we’ve been up here that long and that so much has happened to us. We’re happy though have been enjoying our time together just the three of us and very soon we’ll spending alot of time getting to know the newest addition to the Gonzalez family.

No comments: