Friday, August 3, 2007

Waiting for Baby

In the beginning I never would have believed that the last 10 days of waiting for baby Ezra could seem longer than the 9 months we’ve been waiting so far…but it does. Each day that goes by feels like a week and if I didn’t know better, I’d say that time was actually moving backwards. Sigh. It’s not enough that Ever and I are holding our breaths, waiting for the moment when we grab our bags and rush to the hospital, but a whole host of family and friends are waiting anxiously for it too. I have one friend in California (love ya Lori) who calls me every day if she hasn’t gotten an e-mail from me by about noon just to make sure I haven’t gone into labor and not told her. Every morning I show up to work to a chorus of “I didn’t think you’d be here today!”. Yes, I am the woman who is going to be perpetually pregnant; at least that’s how it feels.

Technically I have 10 days left but try as I might to remind my mind of this it stubbornly insists I should have given birth a month ago. I agree with it. 9 months is entirely too long to be in this condition, especially in Southern Utah in the middle of summer. But of course I know that the wait is worth it for a healthy baby boy. We’re so excited to meet him!

On my side of the family it will be the first Grandbaby and for my Grandma, her first Great-Grandbaby. My mom calls a couple times a day to make sure that nothing interesting is happening and unless our dog Spencer has managed to drag the leftovers off the kitchen counter and into his mouth, nothing interesting is. For Ever’s side of the family this will make the 3rd grandchild and the second grandson. Celest, Perla's daughter of course was the first to arrive nearly 5 years ago and will remain the only girl for now and will continue to be the Princess (lucky girl). Nathan, Andy's son joined her 2 years ago this month. We hope to add Ezra to the list very soon! I also hope he’s not a ‘monkey baby’ as Ever says. Of course if he is born with a lot of hair I don’t think I can blame that on Ever, the least hairy guy I know. No I fear the hairy part will come from my side of the family (Roly, this is the part where you can crack a joke about my mustache-it just gets so much funnier each time you do it).

Ok, Ezra, it’s all on you...don’t keep us waiting!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Kelsey, you should be an author. At first I thought it was Jr. that was blogging but I saw no misspelled words or anything of that nature. I can't believe that your baby is almost here. 10 days!?? Time flies.