Thursday, November 8, 2007

Ode to Spencer


With all the attention being paid to Ezra, the newest member of our little family and the heir to the "Casa de Gonzalez" throne, Spencer our beautiful black lab hasn't been receiving the attention he was used to before the baby came. Feeling a little guilty I decided to dedicate an entire post to my first boy - Spencer the Great.

Spencer came into our lives two years ago this month when Kelsey decided she wanted a dog for her birthday. I've never been much of an animal lover unless they came medium rare with a large baked potato on the side, but decided it might be a good idea since we live in Utah and all our friends are in California.
Anyway, when we saw him at the pound he was already a year old and Kels knew instantly that he was the "one" just like she said she knew I was the "one" when she first saw me. He already had the name Spencer and we tried to come up with different names because we really didn't like it. Spencer sounds like a grumpy old man's name (no offense to all the Spencers or grumpy old men out there). I wanted to name him Goose...I'm Maverick and he's Goose, you know my wing man, but Kels said NO. Needless to say his name is still Spencer.

Spencer isn't perfect, ask Kelsey she'll give you a list. He eats food off the counter, he sheds like a mother, he sleeps on our leather couch and he will lick you to death if you let him. The thing that I love about him though is that he's loyal and I know he loves us and that's good enough for me. Long live Saint Spencer!
Life is good right now (even though we're stuck in St George for another year or so). I feel Kels and I are starting to hit our prime, we're young, strong and fearless and without sounding too cheesy the world is up for the taking. We're taking it! Walking next to Kelsey, carrying my boy Ezra in one hand, holding a Dr. Pepper in the other and having Spencer run around us...who could ask for anything more.

Enjoy a few pictures of the last two years with the Goose.


- Ever

2 comments:

brooklyn said...

those are the best kind of dogs ever!

so jealous to see snow and desert! i miss seasons...

Tiffany J said...

See, we knew we liked you! Black Labs, Dr. Pepper and ANY Parrish and you've really done yourself proud! Congrats! Love the pictures!