Tuesday, March 11, 2008

T.V.-aholics

So lately Ever and I have been talking about how much junk there is on t.v. and how we spend a lot of time watching that junk. I mean I'm addicted to America's Next Top Model (don't ask me why, it's completely random) and Ever loves Lost and Heros and stuff like that.

We don't really agree on whose shows are worse since of course that's a matter of opinion. Naturally my opinion is the right one though! Anyway, we decided that we're going to seriously cut back on how much t.v. we watch. It's off most of the day but we really get sucked in during the evenings so that's where we're starting. Instead of sitting in front of the 'boob tube' we're going to try to read a book together as a family. Ever got to pick first (as usual) and he selected Don Quixote.
I haven't read that one yet and I was pleasantly surprised. So today Ezra and I are off to the library to pick up a copy so we can start it tonight. Anyone want to place any bets as to how long we'll be able to keep it up??? I know it's long but we want to finish the whole thing! Wish us luck!

2 comments:

The Dwelley's said...

I went on your blog from tiffany's. Hope you don't mind. Your little guy is so cute. Your dad looks like a proud grandpa. Good luck with your TV cut back. Matt and I really have a problem too.

Danielle

Tiffany J said...

Wow...I guess we have a problem too since we share of love of the same shows....except Steve and I both are addicted to all the same shows you are ha ha We read together a lot...try the Twilight Series by Stephenie Meyer...Steve won't admit it but he liked them just as much as I did!